The Pascua Yaqui Tribe’s Casino Del Sol, a AAA Four Diamond casino resort, also named one of the Best Hotels in Arizona named by U.S. News & World Report (Courtesy Casino Del Sol)
WinStar World Casino, Northern Quest Resort & Casino, Seven Feathers Hotel & Casino Resort, and Casino Del Sol were among the Tribally owned casinos to earn top spots on Business Insider’s list of 50 best casinos in America, based on data from 360,781 TripAdvisor reviews.
WinStar came in at No. 4, Northern Quest at No. 9, Seven Feathers at No. 10 and Casino Del Sol at No. 13 on the prestigious list.
Indian casinos on the list include:
- Agua Caliente Casino and Hotel in Rancho Mirage, California: 49.53% five-star reviews
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Tampa, Florida: 51.61% five-star reviews
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Florida: 52.34% five-star reviews
- Soaring Eagle Casino & Restaurant in Mount Pleasant, Michigan: 53.4% five-star reviews (Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe)
- FireKeepers Casino in Battle Creek, Michigan: 56.78% five-star reviews
- Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut: 57.52% five-star reviews
- Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort in Flagstaff, Arizona: 57.92% five-star reviews
- Four Winds Casino Resort in New Buffalo, Michigan: 58.88% five-star reviews (Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians)
- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi: 61.98% five-star reviews
- Harrah’s in Cherokee, North Carolina: 62.98% five-star reviews
- Casino Del Sol in Tucson, Arizona: 65.67% five-star reviews.
- Seven Feathers Hotel & Casino Resort in Canyonville, Oregon: 67.25% five-star reviews
- Northern Quest Resort & Casino in Airway Heights, Washington: 67.8% five-star reviews
- WinStar World Casino in Thackerville, Oklahoma: 72.03% five-star reviews
The Chickasaw Nation-owned WinStar, near the Oklahoma–Texas state line, got 5,481 five-star reviews out of 7,609. Meanwhile, Northern Quest clocked 339 five-star reviews out of 500. Run by the Kalispel Tribe of Indians, the resort added a $20 million RV park in June 2019. The Cow Creek Bank of Umpqua Tribe of Indians-owned Seven Feathers got 3,438 five-star reviews out of 5,112.
As Kimberly Van Amburg, CEO of Casino Del Sol, said in a statement about the resort’s 794 five-star reviews: “Providing our guests with exceptional experiences is at the heart of everything we do. Since the list is based on five-star customer reviews, being at the top of the list demonstrates our staff’s commitment to customer service, and we will continue to cultivate this high standard. Being named among casinos like the Wynn and Harrah’s is an incredible honor.”
Casino Del Sol was one of only three casinos in Arizona to make the list, joined by Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort in Flagstaff, and the Prescott Resort & Conference Center (No. 44 on the list).
In online reviews of Casino Del Sol, located in southwest metropolitan Tucson, Arizona, guests frequently mention the luxurious and comfortable rooms, Vegas-style gaming options, top-notch live entertainment, delicious food at the many restaurants on property including the award-winning PY Steakhouse, and the beautiful and challenging Sewailo Golf Club.